Adult Learn to Swim (ALTS) is available for ages 13 and older. These lessons are taught by a certified Adult Learn To Swim Instructor. Sessions will be held every Tuesday and Thursday for four weeks. Sessions will maintain a 3:1 ratio (students to instructor). No prior swim experience is necessary to participate in this course. If you are interested in swim lessons for children under 13, please see our Kids Swim Lessons.
The FIVE skills of water competency that are addressed in the ALTS program:
1. Step or jump into water over your head
2. Return to the surface and float/tread water for one minute
3. Turn around in a full circle and find an exit
4. Swim 25 yards to the exit
5. Exit the water (without the use of a ladder if in a pool)